This will allow you to add your events as an automatic daily, weekly or monthly newsletter. Once this is set up communicating your upcoming events will be as simple as adding them to your WordPress event calendar!
1. Save a Template of your events that you would like to pull into your campaign. The format of the events needs to match the format you’d like them to appear within your Mailchimp campaign.
2. Go to Event Calendar Newsletter > Saved Templates
3. Find your saved template and copy the feed URL by clicking in the box, then copy (either right click then copy, or Cmd + C on Mac or Control + C on Windows)
4. Go to Mailchimp and create a new RSS campaign
5. Paste the URL you copied in step 3 into the RSS feed URL box and select when and how often you’d like your events to be sent.
Note that your campaign will only be sent if you have events as defined by your saved template. Click Next
6. Select which list you’d like to send this to. To make sure your events are formatted correctly and work as you’d like, you should set up and send to a test list first then change to your actual list(s).
7. Name your campaign and set other Mailchimp parameters as you’d like and click Next
8. Choose any template to use for your campaign. While the “Basic RSS” campaign would work, it does come with a lot of extra stuff you might not want (like a table of contents).
Regardless of which one you choose you’ll want to add this to an existing or new text block in your design:
*|RSSITEMS:|* *|RSSITEM:CONTENT_FULL|* *|END:RSSITEMS|*
If you have multiple blocks of events you want to include (such as different categories of events) you can copy the “Mailchimp Merge Tags” part of the template
This will then be replaced with your events when you preview or send a test email:
Have questions or need help setting up your Mailchimp campaign? Contact us!